Question re: Frsky 2.4GHz V8 8ch JR COMBO (TX Module Recei

A place to talk and ask questions about any RC product.

Moderators: GiantsharkRC, Pushycatflyer

Question re: Frsky 2.4GHz V8 8ch JR COMBO (TX Module Recei

Postby phill b » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:27 am

Hi Can you tell me does Frsky Binding permit multiple binding events so you don't loose binding when you add new receivers. Having problems, have 5 receivers and apear to lose all other binds when bind another receiver. Do i have to rebind all previouse models again ???? If you bind all recievers at same time do you do in one model memmory (JR 9X cant change model memory without switching off and on again) Guess i must be missing something or and just thickas a brick.
Regards Phill b
phill b

Re: Question re: Frsky 2.4GHz V8 8ch JR COMBO (TX Module Recei

Postby tomkfly » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:20 am

I haven't checked this out yet, but reading the instructions,put the Tx in bind mode and bind all your receivers and then turn your Tx off.

Tom
tomkfly

Postby phill b » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:53 am

Will try that again Tom. What a pain, 5 models 3 on BEC so powering up means holding bind and connecting deans at same time ....Great fun. Is Spectrum the same ???? Might have 2 ..7 chanel 2..8 chanel and one 4 chanel recievers and JR module for sale !!!!! Cant be bothered to do every model each time i want another reciever on line.
Thanks for reply Tom
Regards Phill
phill b

Postby tomkfly » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 pm

I've just had a go at trying to bind 3 RXs., unfortunately one refused to bind. However, witching the TX on and binding the other two worked fine. Then after multiple attempts to bind the third Rx, I found the other two were still bound. I then re-bound both of them individually and they remained bound.

Tom
tomkfly

Postby phill b » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:27 pm

Will TRY again tonight Tom. Hope works ok coss i like the glitch free 2.4. Will post later
phill b

Postby swarrans » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:10 pm

I think there must be something wrong with your hardware if I have understood your question Phill

" Having problems, have 5 receivers and apear to lose all other binds when bind another receiver"

There is no way this should happen whether you do a multiple binding process (which I've never tried) or do them separately and individually.
As you can imagine, just about everyone on here started off with 1 or 2 receivers and have bought more as they gained confidence with the system. Binding the new receivers does not make the previously bound ones lose their link - it would be a bit crazy if it did wouldn't it?!
The bind is not a 2 way process (on this system) - ie the transmitter "talks" to the receiver and binds it. Adding subsequent receivers won't affect that and if it does there is something wrong with your module or receivers.

Regards,

Simon
swarrans

Postby phill b » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi Simon, Thought it not right. Been flying long time (35meg) and 2.4 gig allways looked good but with lots of kit very expensive to change over. Frsky is just the ticket hence buying 5 receivers. I will put in some time tonight and try again to bind collectivley and individually. First model with 8 chanel receiver in EDF Lea Jet (twin fans and cheap esc) bound and range was easy and no glittching over a regular trouble spot wher i fly.(to be avoided at all cost on 35megs).Only when installed other receivers and finally got round to change over that i came against my issues with binding.
Regards
phill b

Postby RobC » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Phil, you're not holding the tx module button down while you bind the rx are you? Hold it down while you switch on the tx, then release straight away. Certainly with the Corona modules holding the tx bind button in resets the ID, which means previously bound rx need binding again. I wouldn't be surprised if the same could happen with FrSky.
RobC

Postby phill b » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi folks. Well started at 6 and now 8.30. can only bind this with one receiver .

Switch trani on with button in and release, power up receiver with button in,,, red light flashes quick and switch off then trani off. magic !! binds ok fail safe set range ok. switch all off then try model two
Same again..all ok failsafe and range...switch off
Back to model one ..change model memory switch on... receiver on Flashing red on reciever!!!!!!!
NOT BOUND>
THIS IS DOOING MY HEAD IN>>>>
Report say its exellent so i take the plunge...I must be doing something wrong.
Just read you post Phill so will try again and make a point of not holding module button in to long on first bind. HOPE THATS MY PROBLEM see you in a bit

Thanks guys
phill b

Postby phill b » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Having enough trouble joining deans while holding reciever button down, i only got two hands so holding module button as well aint an option but i might have held down for to long.... maybe
AGAIN I HOPE SO....BACK SOON BOYS.
phill b

Next

Return to Product Talk